English | Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Polski  
Vaccines Today is an online platform for discussing vaccines and vaccination. It strives to provide an interactive forum for debate as well as serving as a source of reliable information

Latest News

vaccines-today

Does mandatory vaccination work?

By Editor November 28th, 2014 0 Comments

Just about every child you see walking down the street has been immunised. Yet, with some children too young or too sick to be vaccinated, it is important that all healthy children keep up with recommended vaccination schedules. But what if they don’t? What if vaccination rates slip below the high rates required to keep

Read More
ebola

Where are the Ebola vaccines?

By Gary Finnegan November 25th, 2014 0 Comments

Ebola killed an average of 40 people per year between 1976 and 2013 but this year’s death toll has passed 5,000 people, prompting researchers to accelerate efforts to develop new vaccines and treatments. Ebola, believed to be caused by four or five viruses, begins with influenza-like symptoms. Headaches, confusion, seizures and sometimes coma can follow,

Read More
vaccines-today

Decisions, decisions…how we make healthy choices

By Editor November 25th, 2014 0 Comments

"Decisions about anything – from vaccines to what we have for breakfast – are influenced by what information we have. But we don’t usually have all the information so, largely, decisions are influenced by how that information feels." David Ropeik, risk communication expert and author of ‘How risky is it really?’, says decision-making is a

Read More
australia

What Australia can teach us about childhood immunisation

By Gary Finnegan November 18th, 2014 0 Comments

Australia’s immunisation rates are among the highest in the world, thanks to a combination of financial incentives, vaccination tracking and measures to make it easier for parents to have their children immunised. Around 92% of children in Australia are fully vaccinated. Of the remaining 8% that are not up to date, around half are behind

Read More
How-should-doctors-communicate-about-immunisation

How should doctors communicate about immunisation?

By Gary Finnegan November 7th, 2014 0 Comments

The way in which healthcare professionals begin conversations about immunisation may be the key to increasing vaccination rates. Study after study shows that patients trust their doctors’ advice on vaccination more than they trust anyone else on this topic. Yes, they talk to their family and friends – and they see some celebrities broadcast their

Read More
Page 1 of 8712345...102030...Last »